Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peanut and Spicy Chili Noodles and Stuffed Collard Greens


Oh these noodles were so good! I had a terrible craving for something like this all day long and luckily we had everything we needed to make it in the house! :)

I took about 1/2 cup peanut oil and heated it in a pan with cayenne, salt/pepper, and cashews. Then I added a small cabbage (minced), chopped white onion, 4 Tbs of chili sauce, 3 Tbs. sesame chili oil, 3 Tbs Peanut butter, and 1/2 cup soy sauce with 2 cups of vegetable broth. Then I added seven cloves of garlic and 1 Tbs ginger (both crushed). I let this simmer for about 20 minutes. For the noodles you boil a pot of water and when it is bubbly add in the Udon noodles for about 8 minutes. Drain the noodles and add your sauce concoction. If you don't like cabbage you can add zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, eggplant, carrots, etc. I kind of wish I had added more veggies! :) Top with green onions. This totally satisfied my craving!

Now onto the stuffed collard greens. I found these big, beautiful, sturdy greens at the store and just HAD to buy them and try them out. I really love spinach and kale (but hate mustard greens), and so I figured they would be yummy in olive oil, lemon and garlic steamed. BUT THEN I found an idea on fatfreevegan.com to STUFF these greens with yummies and then saute them/bake them! What a great idea!!!



These are stuffed with the McMillan taco sauce (garlic, olive oil, soy meat, can of diced tomatoes, can of green chiles diced, onion, green pepper all sauteed for about 1 hour on the stove) and brown rice. I then steam sauteed them in a little olive oil, lemon, and garlic for about 1 hour. NOM NOM NOM! :)



This is my little baby Lulu. I dressed her up like this and then I sang Matchmaker from Fiddler on the Roof. What a cutie!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the food looks fantastic Nina! And the image of you singing the matchmaker song to Lulu is still making me crack up... =)

    ReplyDelete