Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lunch and Dinner

I absolutely love pot stickers...they are so easy (unless they are homemade...don't bother, its more trouble than it is worth!). These are made with a homemade chili lime and marjoram sauce and are veggie pot stickers. Yum! I had these for lunch.


We had these for dinner. They are pan fried corn tortillas topped with gardein "chicken" (the absolute BEST meat sub!) sauteed in lemon juice, olive oil, and cayenne. They were topped with homemade guacamole (cumin, cayenne, lemon juice, black beans, avocado, garlic, salt/pepper), and this new vegan sour cream I found that is INCREDIBLE! I can not believe how it tastes exactly like sour cream. Sometimes I wonder if my taste buds are off so I always make Mr. Jay taste the vegan substitutes to verify they taste like the real thing....and this one did (according to Mr. Jay).




For dessert, we had Alicia Silverstone's peanut butter cups. THEY ARE SO GOOD! I could leave Mr. Jay with his Xbox and a giant tub of peanut butter and he would be fine for weeks, but I don't like peanut butter as much...so I didn't think I would like these. I made them for my corpsman at work last week and found them to be addictive! They are so easy too! All you do is mix 3/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup earth balance (vegan butter, you can use canola oil or real butter), 1/8 cup brown sugar, and ten graham crackers. Fill the bottom of cupcake liners with this mixture. Then, melt 1/4 c. soy milk (or rice milk, I used coconut milk) and a bag of dark chocolate chips (usually these are vegan) and once it is melted, pour an equal amount of chocolate over the pb mixture. Then pop them in the refrigerator for a few hours. I made about 50 last week and they were gone almost instantly, so I had to make more today for the corpsman who didn't get any.






Oh these damn things are so good. Ugh!

1 comment: